Sunday, December 18, 2011

reflections

As this year is fastly approaching an end.... and the new year is just as quickly approaching. I have had quite a few hours to spend reflecting upon this past year and the whirl wind it has been. It has brought us from Washington back to Nebraska. Which has been one of the most amazing part about this year. The moves have lead to me meeting some amazing people, that will always be dear to me, especially my Washington 'family' of The Beasleys and their extended families alike, that welcomed us into their homes and hearts instantly.  It has introduced me to new friends in Nebraska, and a job, that most days I enjoy but like any job frustrates me. It has helped me learn what I truly want to do in life, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, and therefore I enrolled back into school.

Since being back in Nebraska we have been able to a part of our family and friends celebrations, from new babies, to first birthdays (or even 75th birthdays) to being able to spend holidays back with family. It has been a true blessing to be able to be back in Nebraska and to be able to share in all these exciting times with friends.

This year has also been a year of frustrations-moving always is a stressful ordeal, recently we've had issues with our poor GusGus (who has finally been diagnosed with something and hopefully is on the recovery to getting better). And even though it has taken a toll on the wallet, it will be worth it when he is better. Matt has been under a lot of stress at work, but he works hard and that is hopefully going to pay off soon. Being away from our friends in Washington is hard, and being sooo close to family and friends is hard also (it goes back to that saying 'so close yet soo far').

This year hasn't gone exactly the way that I planned it.... I thought this would be my year to accomplish soo much, yet I feel as if I haven't accomplished anything positive.. I do resolutions every year.. and one of my biggest resolutions this year was to live a more 'zen' life... and that hasn't happened at all... So I hope with the new year, and the negative behind me I can start to look at the positives in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment