Sunday, July 10, 2011

Gratitude

So for the last week I have been uninspired by anything to write about  and now I have finally thought of something.

I have decided if you ever want to make someone's day all you have to do is smile and say something nice. Whether its 'Thank You' to a store employee, 'I Appreciate You' to a friend, 'You Mean A Lot To Me' 'I Don't  Know What I Would Do Without You' etc.. I think  you all get the point.

With my up and coming move back to NE-I've been getting a lot of praise so to speak. The families I work for have been trying to find new nannies to watch their kids, and they have been saying how hard it is going to be to replace me. I don't claim to be the best nanny ever, but I do love the kids I nanny. And sometimes its a really frustrating and non rewarding job, and to hear parents tell you how much they appreciate what you have done for their family, and how much they trust me with their kids and all that fun stuff that goes along w/it all. It makes things at the end of the week that much easier. It feels good to get a compliment like that.

So next time you are out shopping and encounter a crabby employee, perhaps just smile and say a little word of appreciation-it might just turn their whole day around. Everyone likes to be complimented and to know that the work that they do is appreciated.

** Not much of a post but eh-what can ya do... I've been soo busy that I don't have time to think of anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment