Sunday, January 30, 2011

Never was one of those girls...

So for some reason this weekend I have been watching Bridezilla, Say Yes To The Dress and pretty much any wedding show that has been on. Not sure why. But I think back to my wedding... It was a fabulous day-I would do some thing different, for sure have different people in it if I was redoing it today. However, when I was planning my wedding I winged it. I figured out what I wanted as it came at me.. At one point I would of rather just spent ll the $ on the reception :) . I hear some of these girls on here talk about how "they've been dreaming about this day since they were little." Which surprises me. I don't ever recall dreaming of my wedding when I was little. I was actually just discussing this with the lady who cuts my hair yesterday. I don't even recall ever having my barbies get married. Usually it was they just moved in and had babies together.. ha! I guess I was just never one of those girly girls. Of course when I was younger, playing barbies was the extent of my girlyness.. o and maybe playing some house (which again, there usually wasn't a dad, it was just a mom and kids) so the point of this post is- I am curious of how many of my friends out there actually dreamed of their dream wedding when they were little.

3 comments:

  1. I've been watching Bridezillas today too! I thought about my wedding growing up :) My sister, cousin and I used to dress up in my mom's old bridesmaid dresses and have our own weddings... receptions, dances and all! However, I was not a bridezilla on my wedding day, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and actually when I was typing this post I thought of you-and your sisters speech, and how she said you guys use to do your weddings.. haha.. so I knew you would say you did :D and NO you were NOT a Bridezilla on your wedding at all :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never dreamed of a wedding either. but it is fun to plan on the Mom end. And less nerve wracking!

    ReplyDelete