According to the Nannies America website this is the definition of a nanny:
~A nanny is a person whose primary and sometimes only function is limited to caring for the children. A nanny is not there to care for the parents or make their beds or do their laundry, or scrub their toilets etc...
and according to freedictionary.com a house keeper is:
~One who is employed to perform or direct the domestic tasks in a household.
I make the definitions of these known before I go into my rant for the day.. When I first started to work for my one family-lets call them the Knoxvilles-I didn't mind cleaning up around the house-doing some light house cleaning (sweeping, vacuuming, dishes, picking up etc) and of course I ALWAYS pick up after the kids. I have never had a problem doing this-the family I nannied for this summer-I would pick their house up every day (especially when the mom was out of town) even when I have babysat for people I usually left the house cleaner then it was before... I think because no one ever expected me to do it-I just did it. So back to my family the Knoxvilles. I know that they have a cleaner that comes every other Friday-and one of the parents is off (with the exception of the 2 days I nanny)-so you would think between those people the house would stay some what cleaned.. and now before people go on and say 'but they want to spend time with their kids' their kids sleep every day for 2 hours or soo...
So after some time of working for them-they now expect me to clean the house-If I didn't vacuum the day before (and let me tell you they have a big house) then they will say it needs to be done-and the mom finds random organizing and what not for me to do while the kids are napping-I get that they are napping but the oldest only sleeps for an hr IF that most days-so its not like I am getting paid to just sit around-as soon as they go to bed I clean up from our morning projects etc-
Ok so my whole point of this rant is that I feel as if they are taking advantage of me hardcore-and I don't know what to even say anymore-b/c until the daycare is up and running or my other job becomes FT-I need this job. In April the mom pretty much has me working 2 straight weeks with her-its like 'no you cut my hrs to 2 days a week' UGH! So I am just ready to be done nannying!! and move on!!
On another note-Matt talked to our leasing agents we are stuck here until October-gosh-we signed a yr lease cause we didn't know what else to do-O well-
End Rant!
No comments:
Post a Comment