As I sit here on FB-I read a friends status this morning
'Some things just HAVE to fall apart in order for better things to come together!!'
This statement couldn't be any more true. If you think of all the things that have 'fell apart' and you thought it was the end of the world-you think things will never be the same. Then some where down the road-something wonderful happens. Whether it's losing your mediocre job-then landing the job of your dreams-it all works out in the end.
I've thought of this often-with moving. I know when I moved to Omaha the 1st time I lost tons of friends-which sucked-but in the end I found amazing friends in Omaha-that may not of happened if I was so caught up in trying to figure out friendships that weren't 'surviving'.
Now as I am a gazillion miles away from all my friends-I am trying so hard not to let things fall apart-but in the end I need to realize what's going to happen is going to happen. And that there really isn't anything I can do about it. I know I don't need to talk to my friends on a daily basis-I know my friendships are stronger then that-but its so much different when you are in the same town vs being so far away-I feel like I miss out on more then I want too...
I like your attitude here Megan. Things in Washington may not be ideal but you gotta make the best of your situation with what you have! If you can't find any fun people to hang with then hang with the hubby, right? No, that wouldn't be fun ;)
ReplyDelete