I am going to take to ranting on my blog tonight because it is 10 p.m. and no one is up for me to vent to about my frustrations with today's news: That was your warning!
So I haven't really known what to blog about for about a week now-and then today I saw that Warren Jeffs, the 'Prophet" to the FDLS groups was found guilty today for child rape-abuse cases that were brought against him, which sentencing takes place next wk and he could face up to life in prison. I wasn't going to really talk about it, mainly because I didn't know if it was something other people knew about-but then I happen to turn on Dr. Drew tonight and that was the topic of conversation tonight.
The ironic thing about this is that last week I read 'Stolen Innocence' by Elissa Wall. She was forced to marry her cousin(who was 18 at the time) at the age of 14. It told her story of how she got out. So as this topic comes to the media today, I actually know what is going on. This whole topic sickens me. It actually makes me so mad. It's a horrible horrible thing, that it has taken this long for something to finally happen to Warren Jeffs. He is a disgusting man. And the awful part is-that even though he has told his 'followers' that he is not the 'prophet' he still has control over them, because they think he is testing them and their loyalty. According to the book that I read, and even statements that are being made, when a 'prophet' is in trouble like this they fast. which means adults and kids of all ages fast. That alone is child abuse.
When the TV show 'Sister-Wives' came onto TLC, I thought it was disgusting. Sorry, I know some of my friends watch it and actually like the show, they may not like the basis of it but enjoy the show. It makes me sick that Warren Jeffs had 79 wives. 24, I believe, of them that were under the age of 17. That is disgusting. It's sickening that he has that much power over people, that mothers don't think twice when he marries their teenage daughter. And it was not just him, he just took the 'prophecy' position to serious. (if you didn't know according to the FLDS, the prophet gives orders that are supposedly directly from God, if the prophet tells you to marry someone you do it, because without being married you will not get into heaven, and it is looked at as an honor to be married and esp to the prophet, to them it doesn't matter if you marry your cousin, brother, uncle etc, because it is what God wants)
This blog is just a bunch of me rambling mainly because it just makes me sick-and something else needs to be done about this. These people are soo brain-washed, and the sad thing is even if authorities could do something about 'breaking' this up, the people wouldn't know what to do. They would be lost souls. Also, some people might not care about this, and think whatever, but think about this, and Dr. Drew pointed this out tonight, a lot of those women get food stamps or government assistance because they are looked upon as single mothers, so in the end your hard earned tax money is going to people that turn their heads to child abuse, and negligence and anything else you could think of-and yes it happens all the time where people get assistance when they shouldn't, and that is a whole nother blog, but it makes you think.. what is WRONG with this picture! I hope that Warren Jeffs gets life in prison and authorities can do more and continue the progress they are making and stick to this and not give up. At least 11 other FLDS men were charged with crimes including sexual assault and bigamy. Seven of those who have been prosecuted were convicted, receiving prison sentences of between six and 75 years.
Ok I am done with my rant so I will leave this on a good note (sort of) today was my last day with Ben and Bella. It was a very bittersweet day and I will miss those kids like crazy, but I am happy for new adventures in Grand Island. 3 days until Cali and 2 weeks until I move-It is going to go by soo fast.
And something to make you smile-I saw this on someones FB status:
1.) You can`t stick your tongue out & look up at the same time, it`s physically impossibility.
2.) All idiots after reading number 1, tried it.
3.) You discover number 1 is a lie.
No comments:
Post a Comment