So today is the first official day of Summer! YAY! And it makes me think about actually having a summer break. I haven't had a summer break since who knows when. A true break of now work, no school no nothing. Just enjoying the time off. Pretty much since I was 15 was the last time I had no school or no job.
I remember being younger, like in grade school, and riding bikes with friends around town, having lemonade stands, swimming in friends pools, water balloon fights, everything. I miss those days when all your friends had to same 'schedule' as you. You didn't need to set up times to talk or to get together, you would just walk over to your friends house early in the morning and they were there and you played all day until the sun went down. There was no responsibilities no nothing. I envy kids that get these summer breaks, and yet it makes me so mad when they sit inside and don't want to do anything-or they have so many activities they don't get to enjoy the summer.
I also envy certain teacher friends of mine-that aren't working this summer!
I actually need to go to work-and not enjoy my summer :( Esp this week with it being with all one family and me running the kids from one place to another :(
No comments:
Post a Comment