“Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends.”
Sometimes it is really hard to accept change. As once stated before in the last post. The hardest change to accept for me, if you haven't noticed, is the fact of not having my old friends in my life on a daily basis, and not being apart of their lives or them being apart of mine. I can think of someone and recount a 1000 memories I have with this person and that makes me that much more sad.
I grew apart from a lot of my friends when I moved from Moorhead to Omaha. That was tough, but I made amazing friends in Omaha-and heck even some from Moorhead moved down to Omaha. And then I moved from Omaha-and I vowed that I wouldn't lose touch, and even though I didn't see them every day or week like we were use to things wouldn't change. We would still be involved in each others lives. but guess what... that didn't happen exactly the way I had hoped.
I find myself sitting here most nights thinking of what I could of done differently, how I could of called more, asked more questions etc. I can't take back anything I did or didn't do in the last 9 months.. But with my moving back to the Midwest-and only 1.5 hrs away from Omaha-I find myself wondering if things can sort of go back to how they were. I know there won't be the late night chats in person, or late night bonfires etc.. but I would hope that with this move-I can reconnect with people. And just be happy again. I miss my friends. And deep down I would like to think even though we get busy in life and have our own things to attend to-that deep down we are still friends-and can sort of 'pick' things back up. I would also hope that my friends-all over, not just in Omaha-would know that I am here for them no matter what, even if its something you don't think I would ever care about, or even if its just to vent about how you got stuck in 5 oclock traffic....
No comments:
Post a Comment