So-as everyone knows-we do not like living up here in Washington-it's a whole different world, and I have expressed this before. I love the familIes I nanny for-and have become extrememly close to the Beasleys-Marissa,Renne,Kendall and Jordynn). Well while we were in Omaha-Matt had lunch with his old District Manager, James, and expressed his/our want to get back to Omaha-which again is where I have felt most comfortable. James made some calls and reported back to Matt to be patient and something will come along most likely in the next year. So I thought ok sure I can handle that. Fast forward a week-and Matt gets a call yesterday-saying that they have an opening in Grand Island, NE! Which is only 1.5ish hours away from Omaha-and then they tell him once he is back in that district they can work better to get us back in Omaha in a yr or so-if everything pans out.
So surprisingly-Matt tells me this-and I don't say 'yes' right away. and now some people are confused on this matter-but it all comes down to-YES I would love to be closer to my family and friends in Moorhead/Omaha.. but its still not Omaha-and I do not want to be in the same position there that I am here-Me and Matt waiting for his big break-and me being lonely and whatever-at least here I have a friend and a job or 2!
So we discussed this a lot last night-and the pros pretty much out weighed the cons-the major pros were that James usually always delivers what he says is going to happen, we wouldn't have to miss out on family things anymore, and that sort of stuff. The cons were leaving my jobs, and our friends Marissa and Renne and their girls-which I have grown extremely close too. but I need to be closer to my family and Marissa full heartedly understands this-she was just in my same position a year ago.
So I guess what I am trying to say is that by the end of the summer-Matt and I will be Grand Island, NE residence! I just got to have faith that me and matt were brought out here for a reason-which I think I know what it is-and now we are being brought back to NE at this time for another reason.
I totally understand your hesitation to want to move AGAIN to this new town - but it's true everything happens for a reason and maybe you'll enjoy Grand Island! That's great news though and now you'll be closer to Omaha and Moorhead! Good for Matt that he has this job that allows him to move!
ReplyDelete