What Do Daycare Providers Make?
The dinner guests were sitting around the table discussing life.
One man, a CEO, decided to explain the problem with children.
He argued, "What's a kid going to learn from someone who decided
their best option in life was to become a daycare provider?"
One man, a CEO, decided to explain the problem with children.
He argued, "What's a kid going to learn from someone who decided
their best option in life was to become a daycare provider?"
He reminded the other dinner guests what they say
about daycare providers:
"Those who can, do. Those who can't, watch kids."
To stress his point he said to another guest;
"You're a babysitter, Susan. Be honest. What do you make?"
about daycare providers:
"Those who can, do. Those who can't, watch kids."
To stress his point he said to another guest;
"You're a babysitter, Susan. Be honest. What do you make?"
Susan, who had a reputation for honesty and frankness replied,
"If you really want to know what I make,I will tell you.
"If you really want to know what I make,I will tell you.
I make kids play harder than they ever thought they could.
I make a completed art project feel like winning the Congressional Medal of Honor.
I make kids share, speak kindly and be accountable for their actions."
I make a completed art project feel like winning the Congressional Medal of Honor.
I make kids share, speak kindly and be accountable for their actions."
"You want to know what I make?
I make kids wonder.
I make them question.
I make them try.
I make them apologize and mean it.
I make them write.
I make them read, read, read.
I make them understand that if you use your brains,
and follow your heart,
you can accomplish anything.
I make them know they are important and loved.
I make them know they are special.
I make them know if someone ever
tries to judge them by what they make,
they must pay no attention because
that person just didn't learn."
I make kids wonder.
I make them question.
I make them try.
I make them apologize and mean it.
I make them write.
I make them read, read, read.
I make them understand that if you use your brains,
and follow your heart,
you can accomplish anything.
I make them know they are important and loved.
I make them know they are special.
I make them know if someone ever
tries to judge them by what they make,
they must pay no attention because
that person just didn't learn."
Susan paused and then continued.
"You really want to know what I make?"
"I MAKE A DIFFERENCE."
"What do you make?"
"You really want to know what I make?"
"I MAKE A DIFFERENCE."
"What do you make?"
I don't wear power suits, make speeches,
or drive a fancy sports car.
I've never talked on a car phone, made a big sale,
or been elected to the Senate.
I don't "do lunch", have a big impressive office
or carry a beeper.
I spend my days wiping away tears, giving hugs,
and serving chicken nuggets.
A good day is when I go through a whole day
Without a temper tantrum, bite mark
or a toilet training accident.
My "office" is a room full of brightly colored toys
and laughing children.
You may not think that what I do is very important
And you may even whisper behind my back
"What a waste of a good mind." But I know better.
I make a difference because I'm changing the world
one child at a time.
Everyday I'm getting the once in a lifetime chance to
touch the future.
I'm proud to say
"I'm a child care provider".
~by Marti Doyle~
or drive a fancy sports car.
I've never talked on a car phone, made a big sale,
or been elected to the Senate.
I don't "do lunch", have a big impressive office
or carry a beeper.
I spend my days wiping away tears, giving hugs,
and serving chicken nuggets.
A good day is when I go through a whole day
Without a temper tantrum, bite mark
or a toilet training accident.
My "office" is a room full of brightly colored toys
and laughing children.
You may not think that what I do is very important
And you may even whisper behind my back
"What a waste of a good mind." But I know better.
I make a difference because I'm changing the world
one child at a time.
Everyday I'm getting the once in a lifetime chance to
touch the future.
I'm proud to say
"I'm a child care provider".
~by Marti Doyle~
Today we got these poems in our mailboxes at work.... They couldn't of come at a more perfect time. I have been questioning my choice of career lately , I do not want to continue to be a babysitter of 2 year olds, eventually I want to do something great. That does help make a bigger difference in children's lives. I started to think that my job wasn't fulfilling enough, and that it was a worthless job, I started to believe that my life was a big waste and that my job sucked. But then I got these poems and my thoughts changed. I do make a difference in these kids lives everyday. Not just the ones I watch now, but the children I have watched and taught over the past years. Not only have I made a difference in their life, they have made a difference in my life.
An amazing feeling is when a child runs down the hallways saying your name and gives you the biggest hug. Or when you see a child accomplish something finally, or when a child's face lights up when they see you. It is the greatest feeling. It's an amazing feeling to see the kids face light up around holiday seasons, the excitement as Christmas comes near-you just can't help but get excited with them.
Lately I have been thinking of going back to school to continue my education so I can do more with my passion (that is another post another day). I want to work with kids and help make a difference everyday. I would love to teach Kindergarten or 1st grade.
I've decided that some people might not think my job is that fabulous, and at sometimes I don't think it is either, but then I stop and read things like the poems above, and remember I get them before any of you do. Weather you are a teacher, or a CEO of a company or an Army recruiter. I get them 1st, I get to help mold them into the people they are going to be when they come into your class for their first day of Kindergarten, or when they apply for the position at your company or decide to make their own difference and join the Army. And they are going to change from the time I have them until you get them, but I get to be part of the first influences on their lives.
Now I'm not saying that this is what I want to do, I want to continue to make a difference in kids lives, to help mold our future, but until I get there, I just need to remember 'I MAKE A DIFFERENCE NOW!'
So all in all I am Thankful for all the kids I have taught or watched or nannied or whatever you wish you call it. I thank THEM for making a difference in me.... for showing me how to be more patient, and that it is ok to cry over spilt milk, that your imagination never dies, that some things can be solved with a kiss/hug and some kind words. And Thank you to the parents that have given me and trusted me to help make a difference in their kids lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment