First and foremost, I would like to wish my Mom a Happy Mother's Day-a day late. I didn't blog on here yesterday. but I did talk to her so that's all that matters. You will never know how much I appreciate everything you have ever done for me-and there are no words or things that can show that. :) I would also like to say I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day-whether it was your 1st Mother's Day-or 100th or even one where you have yet to meet your child-they are all special.
So the countdown is slowly coming down. 25 days until we land in Fargo-and I couldn't be more excited.
It's Monday today, not looking forward to work. I didn't have an eventful weekend-like usual-I watch Kendall and Jordynn Friday-Saturday. They are fun to watch-I will say that. Then Sunday we hung out with Marrissa's family. I am greatly appreciative to them for 'adopting' Matt and myself into their family. I think that is the best thing about friends-they tend to 'adopt' you into their family. I had a family like that in Omaha also-thanks Jen. It's the best feeling to know that when you can't be with your family on certain holidays, events etc.. that you always have another family that cares about you-and it means a lot to me.
So on another note, before we left Omaha, Matt's sister, Tara, asked if after graduation she could move in with us. I told her yes. Then we moved to Washington, and she was still curious if she could move in with us-I of course told her the offer was always opened-let me rewind for a second here, we let Matt's brother, Andrew, move in with us right after he graduated high school also-so naturally I guess Tara would want to do the same. She thought long and hard about it-and decided that maybe it wasn't the best option for her right now etc. That was back at the beginning of February. And now here in May-the idea has come back up again to her-and she recently asked if the offer was still open. So she is now trying to figure everything out-school, job etc... to see if she really wants a change of scenery and to move out west with us. so we shall see where that all goes. Matt and her have never been close-considering the 7 year age difference and the growing up situation, anyone that is super close knows the situation, so while Matt and I were dating and what not-I never really hung out with her because she was soo much younger then us. But now she is 18 and graduating HS-so it might be a perfect opportunity-and it would be wonderful to have family out this way-might make things a little easier on me.
I am starting to wonder if things will ever be easier-just when I think I am doing ok-I then find myself sitting alone and realize I'm not. I have realized that as long as I am busy doing something, then I tend not to think about it-so on the days when I sit at home by myself-and realize how alone I am, those are the days that suck the most. I've been here 7 months almost-and it still feels like I just moved here... I don't think this place will ever feel like home. I found this quote and I think its most fitting right now..
“Home is not where you live, but where they understand you"
I hope everyone has a fabulous Monday.
That would be nice to have a family member there with you!! Maybe, it would switch things up for you a bit! I can't even imagine what you're going through and it does kind of make me worry that I'll have the same experience in Omaha with myself not knowing anyone except Marc and Dani. Who knows? Anyways, try to channel yourself into a positive state of mind and find the beauty in the present situation!
ReplyDelete