"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'" --Unknown
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
update
so I finished reading "Secret Diaries of the Holocaust" I highly recommend it. It was very very good. Like I said it was difficult at times to read-but give the circumstances behind it-she started writing when she was 9 and wrote her diaries in Russian, then as an older lady she went back and translated it back into English, and sometimes reminisced when she did this. But it was very interesting and sad-that she lived with this pain for almost her whole life and never talked about it-until almost her death. Also like I said-it was very interesting to read someone else's side during the war-because I know when I think about WW2 I always think about the Jews and Germany-I never even really think about the other countries involved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment