Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 8

Day 8: A picture that makes you laugh.


 So these pictures are from Dani and Marcus' Wedding in June. The bus broke down on Main Ave. So what do we all do try to get rides from people driving down Main-which NO ONE stopped to help us. Then in the middle of everything the bus decides it wants to start rolling down the street-and all the guys run after it and push it back. Then after calling my dad-he rounds up some people to come and pick ALL of us up. So here I am in the back on Zach's truck with some of the ushers, groomsmen and Laura. Driving to the Holiday Inn with a dress on, my hair all done in the back of a pickup. I think this day will forever be one of funniest days ever. Everytime I think about the bus breaking down I crack up laughing. It will forever be a day I will remember! So thank you Dani and Marcus' for having one of the best weddings ever :) 

Lent starts tomorrow-and even though I am not Catholic-I have always given something up during this time-this year I have decided I am going to give up chocolate. Which is going to be hard for me-but hopefully I can manage-I figured if my dad can give up Peanut Butter I can do this-Even though Matt thinks I should give up FB after I told him Katie was giving it up... I laughed at that-so I say 'Good Luck' to you Katie on that venture :) 

Also me and Matt have talked lately and have decided that it looks like this is where we will be staying for a while. so my hopes of moving back to Omaha ASAP are not going to be reached in the near future-hopefully w/in the next 5 years or so... but I guess I will just see what life throws at us then. :) So to all my friends all over-especially in Omaha-come and visit us-Washington isn't that bad of a state and the area does start to grow on you-especially when you find some great friends that share the days with. I can't wait for this summer-lots of exciting things are planned and will be happening-I wish I could be there for a lot of the things that are happening else where and be with some more people-but it's life-it doesn't always go how we plan it. If it did-I don't think life would be as interesting. I miss all my friends/family and love you guys dearly-and am going to make a better attempt at staying in better touch with  you-esp those that I have been slacking on.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha, that picture makes me laugh too.. I wish we could relive that day - or even that part! Good luck with the chocolate! I could never do that!
    We will get out there to visit at some point.. maybe a year?!?! That way, baby A will be big enough to fly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes, that bus incident I think will be forever engraved into all of our memories. That was too funny! The facebook thing is seriously really difficult. I don't think I realize how long 40 days really is but I'll try to stick it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Dani-a year would be nice-I'm hoping me and Matt can make it back about every 6 mths or so- yes Chocolate is going to be hard-good luck Katie on FB :) haha

    ReplyDelete